The Short Term Plan
The main focus of the short term plan includes:
1. To set up an Endowment Fund to ensure financial sustainability of the College for its continuous operation and growth in pursuance of its mission.
2. To train and develop qualified teaching and management staff required by the College to fulfil its mission
3. To attain healthy partnership with Knutsford University College (East Legon, Accra) to obtain institutional accreditation for the GBC campus to run accredited university programmes in other fields of study in addition to the Theology courses. This arrangement will attract a pool of prospective young ministers to add Theological training as second career to their various fields of study so that they can serve in the ministry of the Lord’s church, wherever they may be, after their graduation.
4. To foster stronger relationship with the churches in Ghana, working through the college’s alumni and the leadership of the local churches to secure their support for the sustainable development of the College. This means that the local ownership of the College will be institutionalized through pragmatic programmes to involve the leaderships of the churches in Ghana in all matters of College.
5. To reinvigorate evangelism and church planting which appears to be going down lately. The College partner with local churches to undertake weekend house-to-house evangelism by the students. A whole week will be set aside in every semester to establish one new church at where there is no church or strengthen a dying church, in collaboration with any interested congregation that has plans for such project.
6. To increase access to GBC’s training opportunities to existing and prospective church leaders at district and regional levels. These people otherwise cannot attend full time training on-campus to due to their jobs, The aim is to produce more dedicated evangelists and quality leadership for congregations in both rural and urban communities.
The Medium Term Plan
In the medium term, the focus of the College would be the consolidation of the short term strategies and achievements, and expansion of the academic infrastructural facilities and faculties as well as financial and human resource based needed to obtain own independent accreditation from the National Accreditation Board.
The long-term Plan
The long-term plan of GBC will focus on the continuation and deepening of the gains of the previous phases as well as greater expansion of facilities, programs, resources and outreach in order to obtain fully-fledged institutional status as a chartered university.